Wednesday 16 March 2011

Work in progress Wednesday

How lucky are you dear readers, two posts in one day! I forgot I'd taken these photos last week for Work in Progress Wednesday over on Ravelry and since I didn't get a chance to share them last week, today's the day instead!

Photobucket


Here's my contribution to Work in Progress Wednesday with Tami's Amis and Other Crochet, the start of the first sleeve for my Coraline cardigan. You can see my earlier WIPW post over here.

Photobucket

The body is done up to the yoke now, I just have to do the sleeves before I can start on the exciting patterned part! I altered the sleeves a bit, with the help of Imogene from Stinging Needle, since i-cord sleeves are both a pain in the bum to knit and mean you can't roll your sleeves up properly. Since I don't plan on taking off my cardi everytime I want to get my hands dirty, ribbed cuffs are necessary to allow sleeve rollage.

Here's the finished item, hopefully mine will look something similar! If you click on the Coraline link above, you can see more photos of the cardigan finished if you're thinking of trying it yourself!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Affiknitty said...

I've always admired the coraline cardigan, and you've picked a beautiful color for it, so I will look forward to seeing your FO! Nice blog, by the way!

Leah said...

That's a beautiful colour!

WonderWhyGal said...

love the color yo picked!

Marushka C. said...

I would have made the sleeves without even thinking about push-up-ability, so I commend your proactivity on this! I can't even express how much I love that shade of blue.

Tami Klockau said...

I can not even explain to you how much I love the finished pic, so I can't wait to see yours because I love love love that blue yarn you're using.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments everybuddy, enjoying all your WIPW posts as well!