Sunday 6 March 2011

Tartan kilts

Check out my amazing thrifted tartan kilts! These were from the charity shopping trip with my Mum a few weeks back and I bought them with the intention of putting them in my Etsy shop. The more they sit in my study though, the more I want to keep them for myself, the material is so lovely.

I've pretty much made up my mind I'm going to keep this one, it's 100% wool and I love the colours. I'm going to take it up though, to make it more wearable. It was awesome while I was taking photos, running to and from the car with it swishing around my legs, I felt like a heroine in a Scottish romantic drama novel from 200 years ago, but sensibly I'll be tripping over it if I don't take it up at least a little way. I might just take it up to ankle length though and wear it long like this Beyond Retro blog post about knits and skirts. Although on the other hand, check out this skirt over on Preta-Porter, £125 for a knee length skirt in almost exactly the same colours as mine! I spent £8.95 on mine, who knew I was so subconsciously stylish!

Photobucket

From Beyond Retro:

Photobucket

I love this one as well, especially since it's got little leather straps round the waistline (just like the blue one), it's such a cute authentic detail. Red doesn't go with a lot of colours in my wardrobe though, I wear more purples, greens and browns so if I kept this one, I wouldn't have a huge amount of top layers to go with it. Plus, I couldn't really afford to buy either of them, so I really should sell one at least! If I sell this one, it'll hopefully make back the cost of each plus a little profit so that's the plan. Just got to take some more photos of the lovely details so watch this space!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Added to Her Library Adventures flea market finds

No comments: