Wednesday 13 October 2010

Found by the bin

Goodness, it's going to be another one of those weeks I think. Last week was Andrew's birthday and my Gran breaking her ankle, this week it's the ongoing ankle saga, plus my Grandad on the other side of the family is in hospital over the weekend for a minor procedure. It's nothing serious but anything involving Grandad and hospitals invariably ends up as an Epic Tale Of Woe to be told to every passing person. "Here son, have I showed you mah scar?" pause while Grandad unhitches his shirt and pulls it up to his nipples "Triiiple bypass it were!" Obviously that was less of a minor procedure but you catch my drift. Also I'm going away to Aberdeen this weekend to visit friends, which I'm really looking forward to, but it means I have to work super hard to be sure I'm up to date with studying before I go away. Still, it'll be nice to have a weekend away from uni, I'm already starting to worry about exams again *sigh*

Anyway, before I descend into an irritable ramble about family and uni, let me show you this sad little thing I found by the bins a few weeks back. I reckon it's come out of a little girl's bedroom, maybe they've grown out of it, but it looks handmade. There's a piece missing from the lid but I've left it with Grandad and he's going to fix it for me.

Photobucket

I'm planning on painting it cream, attaching a piece of foam to the lid and covering it with upholstery fabric to make a foot stool for the ugly little sofa that belongs to the landlady. It's a handy place to store some fabric as well!

Ooo, speaking of fabric, I've done a bit of a sort out and I'm planning on listing some on my Etsy shop in the next few weeks. I'm going to make up some fat quarters for quilting and list some individually for dress making or just general sewing. So watch this space!

2 comments:

M-J said...

haha, your grandad sounds like a total legend!

Unknown said...

Haha, that's one way to describe him!