Thursday 28 October 2010

Dissatisfaction

What do you do with those projects that you made to sell but weren't quite right in the end? You've put time, money and effort into making them so you don't just want to rip them up or throw them away, but on the other hand you don't want them yourself and you can't sell them so they just sit around gathering dust and making you feel guilty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made this noticeboard out of a vinyl record and a load of wine corks, carefully cut in half and glued in place. I've made a few of these in the past and sold them quite successfully but I guess I hadn't done it in a while so I was a bit slap-dash with the glue. Unfortunately when it dried, you can see the glue inbetween the corks so I don't want to list it in my Etsy shop. Sigh. I've popped it on Ebay to see if it'll sell there instead.

Lesson learned: take time and care over items for sale!

No comments: