Saturday 9 October 2010

Birthday cake!

Mmm...chocolate cake...

I made this chocolate cake from the BBC good food site for Andrew's birthday and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. He took it into work to share with his colleagues and they all said they liked it, only 3 pieces were left at the end of the day so I guess that shows they weren't lying! I had a piece and I'm taking the last 2 over to my grandparents, my gran has broken her ankle so hopefully it'll cheer her up!

Photobucket

If I were to make it again, I'd wait for the ganache to set a little before spreading it on the cake. The recipe says to put it straight on as soon as everything has melted together, I found that it was so runny it all basically poured straight off the cake and into the tin it was sitting in! Once it had set a bit I scraped it out of the tin with a butter knife and it spread really nicely then.

Nom nom nom...

No comments: