Thursday 14 October 2010

Brogues

What a rubbish couple of weeks, I'm really looking forward to getting away this weekend! I'm going up North to visit some friends in Aberdeen, I haven't been back since I graduated in 2008 so I'm pretty excited. I had a bit of a rubbish last year in the 'Deen, so by the time I graduated I was desperate to leave and in no rush to come back; 2 and a half years on those feelings have subsided and the rose-tinted spectacles are firmly in place. I'm looking forward to seeing my old campus, it was really love with cobbled streets and old granite buildings, I used to love the colour of the Virginia Creeper climbing up the walls everywhere.

Photobucket

I've had a bit of shoe debacle recently. I bought a pair of brogues from Dirty Betty Vintage last week and they arrived today...but they're too small. I could have cried, it's been such a rubbish few weeks that I was really looking forward to them to cheer me up a bit. Look at how lovely they are as well! I've emailed them round the vet school and if I don't get any takers there or on my facebook then they're going into my Etsy shop.

Photobucket

In an attempt to stop myself sniveling though, I stupidly went back on Etsy to hunt out a pair that do fit me. Step up these little beauties from Puddinp0p! I actually prefer them to the first pair so I'm pretty excited, I just really hope they fit when they eventually arrive! I took a bit of a gamble with the shop, it's pretty new and has barely made any sales (I was the second), but I figure I'm still a new seller so I should support other newbies. Now I've maxed out my paypal account (though it was all money from selling on Etsy so I don't feel too guilty), I'm going to have to make an effort to craft and list some more things to replace the funds before Christmas present season starts!

Photobucket

No comments: