Tuesday 9 November 2010

Fairisle resized jumper

I bought this men's fairisle jumper from a vintage and craft fair last year because I love fairisle, without really thinking about whether it would look good on me at all! It was lovely and snuggly warm, but really rather too large so I could only wear it around the house.

So, after the Great Wardrobe Sort of 2010, it was demoted from the wardrobe and into the pile of 'to be altered' clothes. This pile is made up of clothes that are too small, too large, too short, too long...but too nice to just get rid of. So the plan is to gradually fix them up to bring them back into the wardrobe fold.

Here's the before photo. Excuse the crappiness of the photo, it was taken late at night because I wanted to get the jumper in the wash to shrink it so I could work on it the next day. The silly expression is because I was trying to make a sad face to show how sad it is to have pretty jumpers that don't fit you.

Photobucket

And here are the after photos! I'm really pleased with it and have worn it a lot already, it's perfect for the freezing rainy days we seem to be having at the moment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: