Wednesday 9 February 2011

Halibut and Herring review

Just up the road from me is a lovely little gift shop called Halibut and Herring. It's so cute and quirky, they sell a range of handmade soaps and bath bombs (mostly made in Scotland and they smell divine!) as well as handmade bags, purses and cushions and random little gift things like a hedgehog shaped nail brush or bath crayons (to draw on tiles in the bathroom!) or a rubber duck with a doctors outfit on (I want this, he looks like a vet!). At the moment they have a range of gorgeous velvet (to continue the velvet theme) bags and cushions, I couldn't find a photo on the internet and I felt a bit weird photographing them in the shop but they're deep teals and mustards with birds and tree patterns, so pretty!

Photobucket

The shop itself is painted really bright colours, I especially like the teal theme they seem to have going and every time I've been in the shop workers have been lovely, greeting you with a cheery "hello!", and "goodbye!" or "thank you!" when you're leaving. Halibut and Herring has a nice range of prices as well, you could pick up a little gift for a couple of pounds or a proper present for £20-30 or more.

Photobucket

The window display is always very eye catching, it makes me want to go in and buy everything or run home and frantically sew all night. I love this scotty dog hot water bottle cover, so cute!

Photobucket

So if you're ever in Bruntsfield or Morningside, be sure to check out Halibut and Herring!

P.S. If you're into sewing and have a minute or two to spare, have a go at Sewaholic's questionnaire. It's for her business class and the sooner she graduates, the sooner we all get lovely new Sewaholic patterns to play with! I hope the link works, I've done it already so it might just direct you to a 'you've already done this survey' page but if that happens, you can check out the original link over on Sewaholic.net.

1 comment:

Tasia said...

Thanks for the mention and link to my questionnaire! I appreciate you adding it to your post for me, thanks so much! :) (And sorry this thank-you is so late!)