Tuesday 4 May 2010

WIP

Some works in progress that are keeping me busy and off the streets.

1. Work in Progress 1: Cable Knit Scarf II.

This is a sequel to Cable Knit Scarf, which sadly was left in a pub on Christmas Eve. Well, they say left, I say someone stole it but the good people at the Fighting Cocks wouldn't take me seriously. Possibly because I was a teeeeeensy bit drunky-drunk. I was bereft for a good few weeks, it feels like leaving a baby behind. Almost.

Anyway, I saw this wool in Exeter over Easter and had to have it. It's so chunky and soft and I love the colour, it'll go with almost everything in my wardrobe. I bought 5 balls because my last scarf was super long and I loved that, but I'm not even finished my first ball and I can already wrap it completely round my neck. I'm planning a matching hat and gloves set to use the rest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. Work in Progress 2: BOB (button on blanket) cardigan.

I got the pattern off Ravelry (my name is SecondFiddle by the way in case anyone wants to friend me!), you can check out the pattern for yourself over here. This is my first attempt at making a proper item of clothing, I've so far done the body and 1 and a half sleeves. It's coming together really quickly, given that I'm only knitting for an hour or so in the evenings. I just bought some chunky handmade wooden toggles for it off The Hickory Tree on Etsy, so I'm impatient to finish now!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: