Tuesday 19 April 2011

Recent thrifting trip plans

On my recent rummage in Mussleburgh, I came across a few things I'm planning on keeping for myself. Sadly my camera died before I could photograph them all, so the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

Photobucket

I bought this shirt initially to go in the shop but it's grown on me since I've got it home. I need more basics in my wardrobe, especially to go with my growing number of thrifted and vintage wool sweaters, so I'm going to try this one on and see if it works on me. It's not my size, but then vintage sizes are different anyway so I might be lucky!

Photobucket

This one I also bought for the shop but I really like the print and the buttons so I'm tempted to keep it and do a bit of an alteration job on it! I'm thinking if I remove the shoulder pads, bring in the side seams and bring up the bottom hem, it could work quite nicely as a summer dress. I used to have one a bit like it that was ever so slightly too small so I had to get rid of it in the end. This could be it's reincarnated self!

Photobucket

No comments: