Thursday 15 October 2009

Nom nom nom...

Oh my goodness it's been almost a month since I last updated! I would be much better at updating but real life keeps getting in the way :-( I'm also rubbish at remembering to take photos of things I've made and seen *hangs head*. But! I resolve to be better so watch this space, it's a work in progress...

Recently I've been quite into baking, especially with home grown food. I've decided to put in a veg garden in the shared garden downstairs so look out for future gardening posts! In the meantime though the Windowsill Farm continues to flourish, with a pepper plant being the latest addition.

I baked this yummy apple and bramble crumble a few weeks back with bramley apples from my grandparents garden and brambles picked whilst out with the dog. It was scrumptious even if I do say so myself!

Photobucket

I had a very domesticated weekend that weekend and pickled some beetroot, also homegrown by my grandparents. I've just got to write a label for the jar and it'll all be finished! In the meantime though, here's the photos of the pickling process...

Boiling the beetroot (what a lovely colour)
Photobucket

Cutting it up ready for pickling
Photobucket

Photos of the finished product over the weekend, promise!

No comments: