Saturday 24 October 2009

Quince brandy and finally finished beetroot

So, I know I'm super sad, but I've started making Christmas presents already. Only because I've got a week of exams the week before Christmas and so from now until then I'm going to be stressing about studying, rather than wanting to craft. So I thought I'd get a head start this weekend.

I got the idea and recipe for quince brandy out of this lovely book given to me by my good friend Vicky. I thought it would make a perfect gift for my grandparents, since they've got everything they'll ever want or need, plus more besides. And they both like drinking, as all true Taylors do.

I got the quince off a sweet guy on Freecycle, bought the bottle from Ikea for £2 and used Tesco own brand brandy and spices. All together the ingredients and bottle came to about £10 so it's not too bad for those on a budget.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whilst I was busy making labels for the brandy bottle, I thought I'd make one for the beetroot I pickled a week ago. I didn't really like the label since my handwriting is a bit boring, if I could write in a continental-style swirly cursive then I'd be sorted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: