Saturday 29 November 2008

Etsy feature: Tiilly Bloom

Since revision has stalled but the boy is playing computer games so I can't be a nerd and be in bed before 10pm, I thought I'd pick up where I left off in May with the featured etsy store corner.

Today's featured store is the lovely Tilly Bloom, a fellow Scot (if I'm allowed to call myself that, being born here and lived here for the past 5 years, I'm still not sure I qualify!) but now inhabiting Brooklyn in the good old US of A. I bought some earrings and hair slides off her over a year ago now for Frances' birthday (check them out here) and they are so unique, she does all her own illustrations then transfers them to shrinkle or acrylic to make them into jewellery. She does a lot of anatomical pictures, which I especially like, or illustrations inspired by Victorian Era literature, making a lot of it quite marvelously surreal.

When I have money, which will be no time soon the way my student debt is developing *sigh*, I plan to buy myself this rib cage pendant or the gorgeous broken heart pendant below it. I might ask if she can make them into brooches though...

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also keeps a blog over at Tilly Types. I wish I knew more about HTML, I love her layout. I'm still struggling to work out the best dimensions of my pictures to line them up in this blog *sigh*

No comments: