Wednesday 27 June 2012

Yet more gloves

I was so taken with my stripy nautical gloves for Lydia that I decided to knit myself a pair.  I used the same knitting pattern (Sirdar 5840 for anyone interested) and again used stash yarn, this time purple New Lanark left over from Coraline and blue New Lanark gifted to me from Imogene (hello love if you're reading!).

001-1-1

I'm really pleased with how they've turned out, I didn't have 2 matching buttons of this colour but I liked them both so much individually that I decided to go with them anyway. 

003-1-1

004-15

I'm actually quite looking forward to the weather turning cold enough to wear them now!  Which is especially ridiculous given that it's the wettest June since the last ice age.

002-3-1

In other knitting news, I've just started knitting the 'Still Light Tunic' from Veera Välimäki.  I'm struggling a bit with the raglan increases, I seem to have a random selection of small holes, sometimes they're there, other times not.  I've frogged it once though and I'm now going with the 'plough on regardless' method so we'll see how it works out!

DSC_8469_medium2

No comments: