Tuesday 9 October 2012

We interrupt this programme...

...for a bit of an advertisement.  Has anyone in Edinburgh been to Marchmont Gallery?  If you haven't yet, you should.  It's an adorable little shop (emphasis on 'little'), tucked away in Marchmont, about 5 minutes walk from the Meadows.  It's the perfect place for a Saturday afternoon dog walk, followed by half an hour of poking round the shop, oohing and aahing at the lovely things on offer.  After that, you can fill up on fish 'n' chips from the amazing Marchmont Takeaway round the corner, which is part of Hugh's Fish Fight, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (of River Cottage fame)'s campaign for sustainable fishing in Britain.  All in all, a very middle class Marchmont afternoon of delight!

079

I only mention it because it occurred to me the other day, as I purchased my third gift for family, I've never featured this lovely little shop on my blog and I should, because it's awesome.  In the past I've bought Harris Tweed tea cosies from here (with sheep on the front!) and plan to own one myself one day (with a Highland cow...hint hint...).  My recent purchase was this lovely little mixed media brooch for my Mum, isn't it pretty?  You can see a few more on the website here.

089

I had to add a pretentious artsy filter to hide the fact that the colour of the brooch messed up my camera and everything came out blue.  Or something.

It even came in a lovely box.  I know you shouldn't get suckered in by packaging, but golly, that's pretty.

088

Go forth, Edinburgh peops.  Go forth and browse at the lovely Marchmont Gallery.

No comments: