Tuesday 28 April 2009

Etsy and trading, it's been a good old week

Well, I'm officially in the middle of exams. 3 down, 7 more to go!

In other more exciting news, I now have 3 more items in my Etsy shop!.

I've been thinking for a long time about whether or not to sell these scarves. They were my Granny Dot's, she died about 18 months ago. Mum gave me a whole pile of them when we were clearing out some of her things and I've picked out the ones I really like to use myself.

The rest of them have been languishing in a drawer ever since. I love having them because they were Granny Dot's, but to be honest I have no specific memories attached to any of them, I don't remember her wearing them. I mean, I remember her wearing scarves, but I don't recognise any of them as being hers.

I sorted through them the other day and there's about 8 that I know I'll never wear myself. They're so pretty, it seems a shame for them to just sit there so I made the decision to sell them. Gran would have loved that I have a little pet project like Etsy, even though she probably wouldn't have had a clue what I was talking about!

These are the 3 that have made it up there, the rest will be following when the light is bright enough to get a decent photo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In other more cheerful news, I just completed a lovely trade over on Thriftstore. I'm swapping handmade 2 cushion covers and some pyjamas for a lovely green necklace and a pair of blue vans...check out the photos...

The cushions:

Photobucket

No comments: